Oven Roasted Pork Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry BBQ sauce (from Episode 504)
1 cup naturally brewed rice vinegar
2 full slabs baby backs, brined overnight*
1 large red onion, rough chopped
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon sambal or favorite chile sauce
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 cup hoisin sauce
Canola or grapeseed oil for cooking
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
1. Pour rice vinegar into roasting pan with flat rack. Place brined baby backs on rack and cover tightly with foil -- you'll need to cut the racks to fit in the pan.
2. Bake in oven until all the liquid is gone, about 1 1/2 hours.
3. In a sauce pan over medium-high heat, coat lightly with oil and saute onion and ginger for 2 minutes, then season. Add sambal, cranberries and hoisin sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Use a handblender to buzz smooth and check for flavor.
5. When ribs are done cooking, remove foil and slather BBQ sauce on underside.
6. Broil to brown, flip ribs, slather more sauce on and broil that side. Slice into ribs and serve.
Oven Roasted Pork Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry BBQ sauce and Asian Coleslaw (from Episode 515)
Oven Roasted Pork Ribs with Hoisin-Cranberry BBQ sauce and Asian Coleslaw
Best Ever Baby Back Ribs with Honey-Sesame Glaze