Wok-Stirred Head-On Shrimp (from Episode 426)
2 pounds super large head-on-shrimp (U4-6’s) if possible, deveined, shell on
1 cup corn starch
2 leeks, white part only, julienned, washed and spun dry
1 large tomato, cut into 1/2-inch dice
1/2 cup Garlic-Ginger-Soy Syrup
Grapeseed or canola oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Lightly season the shrimp with salt and pepper and dust with cornstarch.
2. In a wok or saute pan coated with 2-3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat, stir-fry the shrimp until colored, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the leeks and cook another 3-4 minutes until shrimp is cooked through and the leeks are soft.
4. Add the tomatoes and Garlic-Ginger-Soy Syrup.
5. Check for seasoning and serve immediately.