Jasper White's Lobster Or Shrimp Salad with MingÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s Cucumber Kimchee
Serves 4 as a light lunch or appetizer
1 pound cooked lobster meat, cut in ½ inch dice or 1 pound of cooked shrimp, peeled (dice if large, leave whole if using baby shrimp) or 1 pound of any combination of lobster and shrimp
½ cup Ming's Cucumber Kimchee, packed and drained (save 2 tablespoons of the juice)
¼ cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large head Bibb lettuce
16 to 20 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (canola or safflower)
- Pick over the lobster meat and/or shrimp for fragments of shell. Dice accordingly.
- Drain the kimchee well and chop into a small dice. Mix with mayonnaise.
- Just before serving, mix the lobster and/or shrimp meat with the kimchee mayonnaise mixture (kimchee "tartar sauce") and season with black pepper. No salt needed. Keep chilled.
- Divide the Bibb lettuce leaves on 4 plates (7 or 8 inch). Place the seafood salad in the center and garnish with cherry tomato halves around each salad.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of the juice from the kimchee with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Drizzle this over the lettuce and tomatoes and serve.
Melina Shannon-DiPietro's Summer Lettuce Salad with Red Wine-Teriyaki Vinaigrette
Michelle Bernstein's Thai Basil and Butter Contessa Head-on Shrimp
Todd English's Warm Lobster Summer Rolls with Brown Butter Morel Sauce