Jody Adam's Grilled Pork Tenderloin Marinated in Ming's Five Herb Vinaigrette
Jody Adam's Grilled Pork Tenderloin marinated in Ming's Five Herb Vinaigrette with grilled red onion and sweet and sour grilled peaches and spinach salad.
Makes 4 entrée servings
1 ½ pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of all fat and silver skin
1 cup Ming's Five Herb Vinaigrette
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons grated ginger
2 peaches or nectarines, just ripe so they are still firm, cut into eighths
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 medium red onions, cut into ½ inch round slices
4 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Put the pork in a bowl. Add ¼ cup of the vinaigrette and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar and ginger together in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Pour the syrup over the peach slices and macerate 1 hour.
- Prepare a hot fire in a grill or preheat a gas grill. Be sure to have a hot section and a medium section.
- Remove the pork from the refrigerator. Season with salt and pepper and set on the hottest part of the grill until it is marked. Turn the meat and mark it on each surface. Move the pork to the medium area of the grill and cook to desired doneness, turning it once or twice. Transfer the pork to a cutting board and allow to rest while you grill the onions and peaches.
- Toss the onions in several tablespoons of fresh vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Put on the hottest part of the grill and cook on each side until marked and tender, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove the peaches from the syrup, season with pepper, and set on the medium part of the grill. Cook on each side until marked and tender, about 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate.
- Toss the spinach in a large bowl with the remaining vinaigrette and the grilled onions. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a deep platter.
- Slice the pork on the bias and against the grain into ½ inch slices. Arrange with the peaches on the platter with the spinach. Drizzle the peaches with the remaining sweet and sour syrup.
Sprinkle with the toasted almonds.