Jody Adams Grilled head-on shrimp with macadamia-spice and Ming's Spicy Mango Salsa
Serves 4 as an entree
20 large head-on shrimp, peeled and cleaned1 lime
1 teaspoon minced ginger
2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons coriander seed, toasted
1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted
1/3 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Ming's Spicy Mango Salsa
- De-vein the shrimp and place in a bowl. Remove the zest from the lime and add to the shrimp with the ginger, honey and vegetable oil. Toss well, cover and refrigerate overnight. Reserve the lime.
- Grind the coriander seeds in a food processor and then add to the cumin seeds. Add the macadamia nuts to the food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add the coriander, cumin and sesame seeds to the food processor, season with salt and pepper and process to a coarse powder. Transfer the mixture to a container with a tight fitting lid. The mixture will keep for several weeks.
- Preheat the grill to 350°F.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp until cooked through.5. Cut the reserved lime into quarters
- Serve with Ming's Spicy Mango Salsa and lime wedges Sprinkle with macadamia nut/spice mixture