Tony Abou-Ganim's Fenberry Cobbler
Makes 1 cocktail
2 oz. Mount Gay Eclipse Rum
1 oz. fresh, filtered lemon juice
1 oz. honey syrup (1 part honey - 1 part warm water)
1 heaping tablespoon cranberry compote*
In a mixing glass add Mount Gay Eclipse Rum, lemon juice, honey syrup and cranberry compote with cracked ice; shake to blend. Dump entire contents into a double old-fashioned glass. Garnish with additional cranberry compote, lemon slices and a mint sprig dusted with powdered sugar.
To make cranberry compote:
- In a 4 quart sauce pan bring ½ cup each of water & freshly squeezed orange juice with 4 whole Star Anise (I also add a cinnamon stick and 10 whole cloves but we can omit if you want focus to be on Star Anise)to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup of sugar.
- Add a 12 ounce bag of cranberries.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10-12 minutes, cranberries should pop.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Dump the entire mixture into a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate until needed.