Chicken en Papillote with Lentil Ratatouille
7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ red onion, ½-inch dice
1 medium zucchini, ½-inch dice
1 medium summer squash, ½-inch dice
1 red bell pepper, ½-inch dice
2 cups cooked lentils
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 ¼ pound chicken breast, thinly sliced on the bias
12 cilantro sprigs plus 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons chopped pitted Nicoise olives,
1 heaping tablespoon drained, chopped capers
zest of one lemon
juice of ½ lemon
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add one tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion, followed by the zucchini, then yellow squash, then red pepper, leaving about a 30 seconds between the additions. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until lightly colored and slightly softened, about three minutes total. Remove from the heat.
3. Have a large piece of aluminum foil. On the third closest to you, lay down a half cup of the cooked lentils and season with one teaspoon olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili flakes to taste. Top with ¼ of the sautéed vegetables and top that with one quarter of the chicken breast slices, seasoning with salt and pepper. Drizzle with one teaspoon of olive oil, red pepper flakes. and add three cilantro sprigs on top. Close up the packet by folding each side several times, making sure it is well sealed. Repeat with three more packets.
4. Transfer the packets to a baking sheet and bake 10 minutes.
5. While the packets bake, in a small bowl combine the Nicoise olives, capers, lemon zest, lemon juice, chopped cilantro and remaining three tablespoons olive oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
6. To serve, transfer the packets onto plates, open carefully at the table and top the chicken with the olive-caper mixture.
Planeta Rose - SicilyColor: Soft pink with hot pink glints Bouquet: Pomegranate and wild strawberries with a background of flowery and tropical aromas Taste: Smooth and soft with well balanced acidity