Grilled Tri-Color Greens with Feta Ceasar and Pancetta
1 head romaine lettuce, halved
1 head radicchio, halved
2 heads endive, halved
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons pine nuts
5 slices pancetta (about 6 ounces), thinly sliced in a julienne
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 cup Thai basil leaves, washed
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
juice and zest of 2 lemons
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat a grill on medium-high. Paint the exposed side of the lettuce, radiccio, and endive halves with two tablespoons of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place the halves on the grill cut side down for two to three minutes. Flip and color the second side, another minute or two. Transfer to a cutting board and remove the cores.
2. In a blender, add the garlic, Thai basil, feta, and lemon zest. Pulse to combine then add the lemon juice, three tablespoons of water and a tablespoon of olive oil. Process in the blender, drizzling in three more tablespoons olive oil. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
3. In a small sauté pan over medium heat, toast the pine nuts about two minutes until cooked, tossing occasionally. Remove from the pan immediately and reserve.
4. In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat add the pancetta and ¼ cup water and cook 3-4 minutes to render the fat from the pancetta. Increase the heat to evaporate the water and crisp up the pancetta, about four more minutes. Add the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil to help crisp of the pancetta.
5. To plate, arrange the grilled leaves on the platter. Top with reserved pine nuts, feta dressing, warm pancetta and drizzle with the fat from the pancetta pan.
Mas de la Dame Rose du MasColor: Tender pink color Aroma: A bouquet of fresh strawberries, peaches, and roses with light exotic notes Taste: Subtle flavors of fresh berries and fennel with a flowery finish