Olive Oil Poached Salmon (Sous Vide)
2 6-8 ounce center-cut salmon fillets, boneless, skinless
1 large shallot, sliced in thin rings
12 whole basil leaves
2 dill sprigs
¾ cup extra virgin oline oil
3 ounces mixed greens
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Generously season the salmon with salt and pepper.
2. Place the fillets in a vacuum bag and top with half the aromatics, making sure that they touch the meat. Flip the bag over and repeat on the other side with remaining shallot rings, basil and dill.
3. Pour the olive oil into the bag.
4. Following the manufacturers directions, seal the bag in a sous vide bag sealer, removing the air.
5. Cook the packet in the sous vide circulator water bath at 125° for 20 minutes. Remove from the machine and cut the packet open.
6. To serve, remove the fillets from the packet and place on top of the greens with a little of the poaching oil as the dressing.