Ming's Lobster and Mushroom Stir Fry
3 losters hacked in the shell into 2-inch pieces, claws halved and crushed
1 cup rice flour to coat
1 bunch scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 long slices ginger
1 head of garlic, halved
1 large head hen of the woods mushrooms, florets torn
Juice and zest of 3 limes
1/4 cup oyster sauce
2 cups chicken stock
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Canola or Grapeseed oil for cooking
1. Toss the hacked lobster with rice flour and season.
2. In a wok over high heat coated with 1 inch of oil, shallow fry the lobsters until colored. Place the claws and knuckles in first, because they take longer to cook.
3. When lobster is almost cooked through, remove with a spider and set aside.
4. Dump all but 1 tablespoon of oil out and sauté the scallions, ginger, and garlic. Add the hen of the woods, zest, juice, oyster sauce and stock and check for seasoning.
5. Add back the lobster and cook for one more minute. Serve.