1 1/2 cups of brown rice
1 1/2 cups of white rice
1. Rinse brown rice and let soak in fresh cold water to cover for about 1 hour
2. In the meantime, rinse the white rice by filling a bowl with water and stirring by hand. Drain and repeat until the water in the bowl is clear
3. Add both the brown and the white rice to a saucepan. Flatten the rice with your palm and without removing it, add water until it touches the highest knuckle of your middle finger
4. Cover and boil over high heat for 10 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the rice stand, covered, to plump, 20 minutes. Stir gently and serve
©2010 Ming Tsai - Taken from Simply Ming One-Pot Meals used with permission from Kyle Books