1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1- 1\2 pounds tenderloin of beef, cut into 1 inch thick medallions
1 small Vidalia onion, cut into a medium dice
2 poblano peppers, washed, seeded and cut into thin julienne strips
2 ounces gold tequila
1\4 cup lime juice
1 cup Master Beef Broth
1\2 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a sauté pan over medium heat, season the beef medallions with salt and pepper, and add to the hot pan.
- Turn the heat up to high and char both sides of the beef well. To keep the beef rare to medium rare, cook quickly, turning once only after the beef has browned on the first side.
- Remove the beef from the pan, place on a warm platter, and set aside.
- Add the diced onions and poblano peppers to the sauté pan, evenly spread out and cook till wilted.
- Working carefully away from the flame, add the tequila to the pan, deglaze the pan by swirling the tequila and set back over low heat to reduce.
- Add the lime juice and reduce to almost dry before adding the Beef Broth.
- Reduce the Broth by half over high heat. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the sour cream. Do not allow to boil but gently simmer for 2 minutes before serving.
Serve the beef with ROASTED POTATOES WITH GARLIC on the side.
© Michael Lomonaco 1997 all rights reserved