1 large onion, minced
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons minced cilantro, and some sprigs for garnish
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Curry Ginger oil to cook
2 packages frozen pie dough, unsweetened (Could also use the Master Dough recipe)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (325 with convection fan)
- In a wok or sauté pan coated lightly with Curry-Ginger Oil, sauté onions until soft and translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beef, season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and check for seasoning. Cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Add corn starch mixed in water to coagulate beef mixture. Set aside and let it cool. Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in cilantro.
- Lay out dough and roll until 1/8 inch thick, preferably into a rectangular shape. Brush a thin layer of the Curry-Ginger Oil on the dough and layer a thin topping of the meat filling. Roll like a pinwheel. Slice into 1/2 inch disks and lay on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper, or a non-stick sheet tray.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with cilantro sprigs.