2 pounds small potatoes: Red Bliss, small whites, Yukon Gold, Yellow Finns, or Fingerling potatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Leaving their skins on, scrub the potatoes with a brush to remove any dirt or blemishes. Dry the potatoes with paper towels or a cloth.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters or in half, depending on the size of the potatoes. Pour the olive oil into a roasting pan or large cast iron skillet and heat in a 350° oven for 2 minutes before adding the potatoes. Roast the potatoes for forty-five minutes, until crisp.
- Shake the pan several times during cooking, so that the potatoes roll around to brown evenly. Remove from the oven. Drain the potatoes on paper towels or a cloth to absorb the excess oil, and then place in a serving dish.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter, add the garlic, and sauté until light golden-brown. Add the fresh herb leaves to the garlic butter, stir together quickly, and remove from the heat.
- Pour the garlic-herb butter over the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and serve with the CHARRED BEEF MEDALLIONS WITH POBLANO SAUCE
© Michael Lomonaco 1995 all rights reserved