1/4 bunch of parsley washed and left on stem
2 onion cut into quarters
5 springs of mint washed
4 garlic cloves smashed
1 tomato cut into large pieces
1 tsp paprika
1 Thai bird chili pepper
2 tbs vinegar
1 loaf of day old bread cut into 4 thick slices
4 tbs butter
1 whole crab
1 scorpion fish, cleaned and outer spines removed
1 red snapper, cleaned
1 pargo fish, cleaned
4 oz. fish livers
6 quarts of water
1. In a large 7-8 quart pot, add the water and bring to a boil. Add parsley, 3 sprigs of mint, onion, tomato, crab, paprika, 1 tbs of salt, Thai bird chili, garlic, and vinegar. Cover and let boil for 15 minutes.
2. While the broth is boiling, cut the fish into large pieces (tail, head and body) leaving bones in. Season the fish well with salt and let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Add the fish and livers to the boiling broth. Cover and boil for another 15-17 minutes until the fish is fully cooked.
4. Butter the slices of bread and put a mint leaf on each piece. Add the bread to a large soup tureen. Using a slotted spoon or starainer, carefully remove the fish from the broth and put on a platter. Add the fish broth to the soup tureen with the bread until the bread is covered. Cover and let sit for 3-5 minutes until the bread has absorbed the broth.
5. Spoon the soaked bread on a soup plate and ladle with remaining fish broth. Serve with the platter of cooked fish and vegetables on the side and enjoy.