Limpets with Garlic Butter Wine Sauce
Important Message for Ziplist Users
24 fresh limpets, cleaned
10 cloves garlic
1 hot Chile pepper, sliced with seeds
4 tbs butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 Cup semi-sweet white wine
Preheat 350 degree oven
1. In a mortar and pestle, add 4 cloves of garlic, Chile pepper and pinch of salt. Mash ingredients together until the pieces begin to break apart.
2. Arrange the limpits on a rack in a shallow oven-proof pan.
3. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add the garlic-chile mixture and butter. Cook until garlic is soft. Add lemon juice and wine. Bring to boil and slightly reduce.
4. Carefully spoon sauce over limpets, making sure each is covered. Be sure to use all sauce even if it drips into pan below.
5. Place pan in oven. Cook until limpets "pop" and release from their shells, roughly 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.