Ming's Chorizo Stuffed Pork Chops
Important Message for Ziplist Users
4 bone-in pork chops
1 lb ground chorizo
1/2 lb Guayeco Guava Paste, cut into small cubes
1 cup pickled pork skin sliced thin
2 gloves garlic sliced
1/4 cup white tequila
1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
3 tomato sliced
1 bunch chives, chopped for garnish
1. On a flat surface using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the pork chops to 1/2 inch thick.
2. In a bowl, add the chorizo and pickled pork skin, mix together well.
3. Take 1/4 cup of chorizo and make into a patty. Position the patty on top of a pork chop, gently pressing it down to help it adhere to the meat. Repeat for each pork chop.
4. In a large sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons canola oil, swirl to coat the pan. Place pork chops chorizo side down and season other side with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes and flip the chops making sure to keep the chorizo patty on the pork chop. Finish cooking on the other side for 8 minutes on medium heat.
5. In a small saute, pan add 1 tablespoon of oil, swirl to coat the pan. Add the garlic and cook until just soft 30 seconds. Add the Guava paste and tequila. Cook until the guava paste melts and most of the tequila is reduced, 4-5 minutes.
6. On a plate, place 4 slices of tomato and add the cooked pork chop on top. Spoon the guava sauce around the plate and on top of each pork chop. Garnish with chopped chives and serve.