Ming's Sacha Inchi Crusted Halibut
Important Message for Ziplist Users
2 Halibut filets skin removed
Sacha Inchi Nuts-crushed
4 purple Peruvian potatos, baked and cooled
6 tbs Camu fruit juice
1 clove garlic, sliced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin on a mandolin and soaked in cold water for 20 mins, diced
6 slices Fresh hearts of palm, sliced on a mandolin
1 chili pepper ( jalapeno), sliced
1 bunch corn shoot micro greens
2 sprigs cilantro
tbs canola oil
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper
1. Wrap the Sacha Inchi Nuts in a clean kitchen towel and crush with the flat side of a mallet. Place in a shallow bowl or pie plate.
2. Season the halibut with salt. Place the flour and egg each in shallow bowls or pie plates. Dredge the halibut in flour then the egg wash, put the Halibut in the Sacha Inchi nuts and coat one side, set aside on a plate and repeat for second halibut filet.
3. Heat a large saute pan and add 2 tbs canola oil. Add diced onions, season with salt and sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until they just start to caramelize. Peel the skin off of the cooled baked Peruvian purple potatoes, slice into 1/4 inch slices. Add to the sauté pan with red onions, add 2 more tbs canola oil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring gently not to break up the potatoes.
4. In a small bowl, add Camu fruit juice and garlic, soaked red onions and whisk together. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil and mix well. Add the Kushoro Seaweed and set aside.
5. In another hot saute pan, add 2 tbs canola oil, place the halibut in the pan nut crusted side down. Cook on medium heat until the nuts are golden brown 2-3 minutes. Flip the fliets over and finish cooking on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
6. Slice the shaved hearts of palm into 1/2 inch thick planks and place in a medium size bowl. Dress the hearts of palm with the Kushuro Vinaigrette and toss together gently. Season with salt, if necessary.
7. On a plate place the onions and potatoes, top with hearts of palm salad and place the cooked Halibut on top of the salad.
8. Garnish with the sliced chili peppers, corn shoot micro greens and cilantro. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette around the plate.