2 oz. Belvedere Cytrus vodka
1 oz. Star Anise simple syrup *
1 oz. hand extracted lime juice
Home made cranberry seltzer water **
Mint sprig & lime slices for garnish
In the mixing glass of a Boston Shaker add Belvedere Cytrus, Star Anise simple syrup and fresh lime juice; shake with ice until well blended. Strain into an ice filled Collins glass, spritz with homemade cranberry seltzer water. Garnish with slices of lime and a mint sprig. Serve with 2 long straws.
To make homemade cranberry seltzer water:
- In a 4 quart sauce pan bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Stir in 1 cup of sugar.
- Add a 12 ounce bag of cranberries.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 10-12 minutes, cranberries should pop.
- Dump the entire mixture through a fine sieve and strain into a bowl. Use a wooded spoon to help get all the juice from the cranberries.
- You should be left with a cranberry syrup, all liquid and no solids.
- Cool and refrigerate until needed.
- When you are ready to make seltzer, mix 1 part cranberry syrup (6 ounces) with 3 parts sparkling water (18 ounces). Add mixture to seltzer siphon and charge with CO2.
- Refrigerate until ready to mix.
* I like the soda siphons from isi.
To make Star Anise simple syrup:
- In a 2 quart sauce pan bring 1 cup of water and 4 whole Star Anise to a boil.
- Completely dissolve 1 cup of granulated sugar and return to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain through a sieve to remove Star Anise, bottle and refrigerate until needed.
- Will last up to a month refrigerated.