8 oz. Kobe or Wagyu beef, cut into 1" cubes
2 cups Miatake mushrooms, florets and stems, cut into 1" cubes
2 jalapenos, sliced into rings including seeds
2 large shallots, sliced thin
2 cloves black garlic, minced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
Canola or grapeseed oil for cooking
3 cups chrysanthemum leaves, washed and dried
Lime wedges for garnish and final seasoning
1. Heat a large cast iron pan or wok over medium-high burner. Add small amount of oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
2. When the oil is hot, add the shallots and jalapenos and stir to avoid burning. Cook for about 1 minute to soften.
3. Add the mushroom pieces and black garlic and keep stirring to mix ingredients together.
4. Add the kobe beef, only looking to quickly sear (not cook through) all sides of the meat. Lastly, add the soy sauce and stir to make sure it is completely blended.
5. Divide chrysanthemum leaves into four bowls, add portions of the kobe stir fry on top. Serve immediately with lime wedges.