4 5-ounce pieces bluefish
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup thinly sliced shallots
2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
1 tablespoon fine julienned ginger
1 cup chopped ripe tomatoes, 1/4 inch dice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
3 limes, the zest of 1 and the juice of 3
8 ounces blanched green beans
¼ teaspoon ground toasted cumin
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Score the skin. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook the fish, skin side down for 6 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side until just slightly under done, 1 to 2 minutes. It should be golden brown and finish cooking as you complete the dish. Transfer the fish to a platter.
2. Add the shallots to the pan. Lower the heat to medium, add the garlic and ginger and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt. Add the tomatoes, brown sugar, hot red pepper flakes, lime juice, and ¼ cup water. Bring to a boil, simmer 2 minutes and pour over the fish.
3. Add the remaining oil, beans, cumin and lime zest to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and toss until heated through. Add the mint and toss well.
4. Arrange the beans around the fish on the platter.
5. Serve immediately, or at room temperature.
SA Prum Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling KabinettEstate-bottled, single-vineyard Riesling from Germany's Mosel-Saar-Ruwer region. Taste: Flavors of lemon and peach against a mineral backdrop Aroma: Fresh and pleasantly fruity Color: Bright gold