Stir Fry Wonton Noodles with Scallops and Bacon & Arugula, Radicchio Pine Nut Salad
Important Message for Ziplist Users
1 1/2 pounds sea scallops, abductor muscle removed, quartered
2 tablespoons organic shoyu ponzu
¾ pound wonton noodles
1½ cups fresh English peas
5 slices thick bacon, sliced horizontally ¼-inch slices
5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
½ cup low-sodium chicken stock
5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ tablespoon unsalted butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1 head of radicchio, halved and shredded
1 cup arugula leaves
½ cup pine nuts, toasted
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a non-reactive bowl, combine the scallops and shoyu ponzu. Reserve.
2. In a large stock-pot, blanch the noodles in boiling salted water. After about 1 ½ minutes, add the peas and cook an additional minute. Strain the pasta and peas and reserve.
3. Meanwhile, in a wok over medium-high heat, add the bacon slices and cook about 1½ minutes. Add ¾ of the garlic slices for the final minute and a half. The fat will render from the bacon and the garlic’s aroma will become apparent.
4. Add the blanched pasta and the peas to the wok to infuse the noodles with flavor.
5. Add the chicken stock and toss to combine, then reheat the noodle mixture through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Transfer the noodle mixture to a serving bowl.
6. Make the salad: combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the lemon juice and remaining garlic slices. Toss in a bowl with the radicchio, arugula, and toasted pine nuts. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the wok and add the marinated scallops along with the ponzu marinade. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook until scallops are just cooked through, about one minute. Mount the scallops with the butter, stirring to combine. Top the plated noodles with the scallops.
8. Garnish the top of the stir fry with the salad and serve.
Planeta RoséPRODUCTION AREA Country: Italy Region: Menfi, Sicily Appellation: Sicilia IGT GRAPE VARIETIES 100% Syrah
PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES The grapes are de-stemmed and crushed after 4-5 hours of maceration in the press. The juice is clarified through cold settling overnight. Fermented and aged in stainless steel.
DESCRIPTION Color: Intense, luminous pink Aroma: Light and seductive, with aromas of rose petals, pomegranate and wild strawberries. Taste: Silky, crisp, balanced and refreshing
SERVING SUGGESTIONS Excellent as an aperitif, with light pasta dishes or fresh fruit. A perfect partner for fish, pasta or warm octopus and potato salad.